[LinuxBIOS] v3(?) config [was:changes in decompress coming.]

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 02:08:10 CEST 2006

Peter, these are all good thoughts, and I am really glad you are coming.
Keep thinking. One thing:

On 9/15/06, Peter Stuge <stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org> wrote:

> * Global vs. local builds - pros/cons with kernel style (global)
> build (always produces arch/x/*Image) and LBv2 style build (produces
> target/x/y/z/linuxbios.rom for each target) Either way the
> config/build system must be consistently either global or local.

I want to preserve this somehow. I want a place I build stuff and a place
that sources live, a la BSD. I think the way Linux builds kernels
into the middle of the source tree is a real mess.

* Support for target variants? Same mobo with/without certain parts
> populated. Perhaps just sets of default options that can be
> pre-selected as a base config and then still allow user to change
> whatever they want. (Kconfig has just one variant per arch, right?)

yes, kconfig has real limits, and we need to see if we can work our way
around them.

ron