[LinuxBIOS] DK8-HTX FILO IDE timeout

Chris Stillo cstillo at comcast.net
Fri Sep 22 00:12:48 CEST 2006

Hi YH,

I checked  MB Config.lb as you suggested. From lspci I know my IDE
controller is here:

00:07.1 IDE interface: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8111 IDE (rev 03)

Yet I do not see 00:07.1 mentioned in the MB Config.lb in the
southbridge section. Maybe this is the issue... , maybe IDE is not
configured since SATA would be mostly used? (My SATA drive is
recognized, but has XP on it :| -- it is presenlty disconnected).

I also included AMD 3111 chip.h below, which looks ok. I have not
modified either file at all.
If you see an error please let me know...

Thanks,
Chris

> Check your MB Config.lb to see if amd8111 is under correct 0.18.0 link.

# config for Iwill/DK8HTX
chip northbridge/amd/amdk8/root_complex
    device pci_domain 0 on
        chip northbridge/amd/amdk8
            device pci 18.0 on # LDT 0
                chip southbridge/amd/amd8131
                    device pci 0.0 on end
                    device pci 0.1 on end
                    device pci 1.0 on end
                    device pci 1.1 on end
                end
                chip southbridge/amd/amd8111
                    # this "device pci 0.0" is the parent the next one
                    # PCI bridge
                    device pci 0.0 on
                        device pci 0.0 on end
                        device pci 0.1 on end
                        device pci 0.2 on end
                        device pci 1.0 off end
                    end

/LinuxBIOSv2/src/southbridge/amd/amd8111
bash-3.1$ more chip.h

#ifndef AMD8111_CHIP_H
#define AMD8111_CHIP_H

struct southbridge_amd_amd8111_config
{
        unsigned int ide0_enable : 1;
        unsigned int ide1_enable : 1;
        unsigned int phy_lowreset : 1;
};

struct chip_operations;
extern struct chip_operations southbridge_amd_amd8111_ops;

#endif /* AMD8111_CHIP_H */