[LinuxBIOS] FlashRom

Quux pawn2be.wild at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 1 17:01:25 CEST 2007

so far there is do explicit support, but it would make some sense. PCI
expansion ROM is not a full-scale replacement for main BIOS though. PCI
ROM is called rather later during initialization from legacy BIOS. There
is public linux code for flashing via RTL Nic cards around however, and
it might be some kind of "auxiliary ROM" on unsocketed Gigabyte boards
or play a similar role possibly (my 2 ct.)  --Q