[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI-S4 dual bios pins

ST st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Apr 8 00:13:52 CEST 2007

Happy Easter

I just had some time to take a look at the pin connections i posted under the
same subject a while ago.

Looking at the jumpers it looks like the flash program itself can control
which of the (physically partly non-existant) flash chips is to be
programmed. Pin 13 of the PM49FL004 is  #Init. Init has to be high while
while accessing the chip (in both Modes LPC and FWH). So i am pretty sure
that flashbios is may be the only needed key to make this work. It would be
nice if anybody could give me an pointer where this Mainboard specific stuff
is located in flashbios (i have only glanced over the sources) and if someone
knows which pin is connected to the soldered flash chip.

I would like to buy another flash chip. But all local dealers don't have any
flash chips at hand :-(. Do i need the PM49FL004 or will any other PLCC32
flash chip do? Any pointers for german buyers?

Thanks
ST