[LinuxBIOS] 32 Pin Dip Plug Cable

roger roger at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 11 05:20:56 CEST 2007

I probably should have posted this question prior to constructing this
cable, but anybody heard of a "32 Pin Dip Plug Cable"?  Scanning through
the Digikey catalog, I'm seeing some with other pin numberings, but as
to whether or not their sizing is correct for the 32 DIP pin connector
of a bios chip is extremely questionable.

http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/files/linuxbios/Photos/IMG_3357_32PinDipPlugCable.JPG

I am concerned about voltage/amps dropping, but so far reading from the
chip works!  (This means also I'm a great solder!)  Writing is another
story I'm about to experiment tonight with.  (I used 26 stranded gauge
wire for reference.)

Soldering required the full day today.

I need something like this for relocating the flash parts because they
are tightly fitted within the motherboards.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Tue Apr 10 20:10:37 PDT 2007