[LinuxBIOS] Problem to Support SuperIO Winbond W83977AF

ccases at navista.fr ccases at navista.fr
Mon Apr 16 14:06:02 CEST 2007

> ccases at navista.fr wrote:
>>> Do you have a POST card? If so, set up a post code at the start of
w83977af_early_serial() so you can make sure LinuxBIOS is in fact
making
>>> it that far. Do a post code with outb(0x[code], 0x80);
>>>

>> For this question the POST is Power-On Self-Test, but I don't know what is
>> the POST card !!!
>
> POST codes are codes sent to port 0x80 while the computer is booting
(POST-ing), which can then be detected by an ISA or PCI card, and
usually are displayed on an LCD screen. Like this one:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158065
>
> They're also sometimes called PCI debug cards or port 80 debug cards.
And you can get them for much cheaper than the one I linked to, I spent
like $9 on mine on ebay, with shipping.

> -Corey

Ok thanks for your explanation, but I don't have a pci or isa port on my
embedded motherboard :(

regards

Tigroo_TDN