[LinuxBIOS] Problem to Support SuperIO Winbond W83977AF

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon Apr 16 15:18:34 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 02:33:38PM +0200, ccases at navista.fr wrote:
> > ccases at navista.fr wrote:
> >> Ok thanks for your explanation, but I don't have a pci or isa
> >> port on my embedded motherboard :(

Then you are out of luck, until the flash-plaice is ready or until
you get the superio serial port working.

> > USB or LPT? http://www.shentech.com/stemptlptusb.html
> > Again, shop around for better prices, shentech iirc sucks on the
> > shipping costs.
>
> Yes USB it's better for me, thanks for your help ;)

Unfortunately, this device will not work. It requires special
software support in the BIOS.

You could look into YhLu's early usb debug code however, and get a
USB Debug Device. I'm not sure if all of the code is in the tree yet,
it was in the tree tarball he sent to the list a few months ago.

Maker:
http://www.plxtech.com/products/NET2000/NET20DC/default.asp

Shop:
http://www.semiconductorstore.com/Pages/asp/Item.asp?ItemNumber=NET20DC-USB