[LinuxBIOS] VGA on iwill:dk8_htx: a reqest and a question?

Alexei I. Adamovich lexa at adam.botik.ru
Thu Apr 19 15:11:34 CEST 2007

Hi!

Resending the message, since it was sent from different machine and
it is "being held until the list moderator can review it for approval".

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 01:16:06AM -0700, Perry Wang wrote:
> Once you have the VGA BIOS prepended properly, you can just uncomment these
> lines in Config.lb
>
> chip drivers/pci/onboard
> 	device pci 6.0 on end
> 	register "rom_address" = "0xfff80000"
> end
>
> that did the trick for me

I have done this before writing the initial message (is it in attached diff?).
With no effect. :-(

Please, share your positive experience:
1. What was LB release number?
2. From which stage LB has started writing to the console?
3. Have you done any other config changes?
4. Have you used the lxbios to change any LB CMOS settings.

Could you please--if it possible for you--let me get the (gzipped?) version of videobios
you have used with LinuxBIOS (I suspect, I missed something).

BTW, do you have any card in the HTX slot installed?

Alexei I. Adamovich