[LinuxBIOS] Guru, help: need advice on CMOS layout values

Alexei I. Adamovich lexa at adam.botik.ru
Fri Apr 20 07:39:35 CEST 2007

Hi!

So far I suspect I have problems loading Normal image
because of WRONG CMOS LAYOUT.

1. Is this possible?

The only difference I can see between Normal & Fallback images in
targets/iwill/dk8_htx/Config.lb is the payload.

2. Is there more substantial difference behind the scene?

Following is the "lxbios -a" output I'm getting
("[lxb]" is citation prefix):

 [lxb] boot_option = Normal
 [lxb] last_boot = Fallback
 [lxb] ECC_memory = Enable
 [lxb] baud_rate = 1200
 [lxb] hw_scrubber = Enable
 [lxb] interleave_chip_selects = Enable
 [lxb] max_mem_clock = 200Mhz
 [lxb] dual_core = Disable
 [lxb] power_on_after_fail = Disable
 [lxb] debug_level = Spew
 [lxb] boot_first = HDD
 [lxb] boot_second = Fallback_HDD
 [lxb] boot_third = Fallback_HDD
 [lxb] boot_index = 0xf
 [lxb] boot_countdown = 0x3
 [lxb] slow_cpu = off
 [lxb] nmi = Disable
 [lxb] iommu = Disable
 [lxb] lxbios: Can not read LinuxBIOS parameter user_data because layout info
 [lxb] specifies CMOS area that is too wide.

In this state machine doesn't boot; after several resets Fallback
image is being loaded--with no substantial problems I can see.

So far, several more questions

3. Is the "max_mem_clock = 200Mhz" assignment normal for DDR400 mem?

4. What is the meaning of the "baud_rate" value? Is this serial
   console setting? (I have 115200 specified in the Config).

6. Are there some other suspicious settings there?

5. As to "user_data" parameter (last two lines): what can be done to
   give it the correct value? Should I clear all the CMOS and then
   start assigning all the values by hand?

7. What is the CMOS "layout info", where it resides and what are
   the correct values for it.

Please, reply if you can give my any advice, pointer to related info
or answer to any of these questions.

Thanks in advance,

Alexei I. Adamovich