[LinuxBIOS] On flashrom architecture

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Apr 24 17:46:46 CEST 2007

* Darmawan Salihun <darmawan.salihun at gmail.com> [070424 17:37]:
> Hi all,
>    Sorry if this is quite very basic question. I haven't got the time to read
> the latest version of linuxbios's flashrom. Is the basic mechanism to access
> the BIOS chip address space is through mmap function? haven't grep the code
> though :-(.

Yes. The bios chip is mmapped into the processes address space. There
are some occurences of mmap over the place. I recently cleaned the code
up a little bit, dropping multiple open() calls on /dev/mem.

Do we need a wrapper for those "map-physical-memory" functions?

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613