[LinuxBIOS] Gigabyte M575SLI

Kevin Adler zeke at zekesdominion.com
Fri Apr 27 08:03:40 CEST 2007

Hi, I've been watching this mailing list for a long time mostly to see the
progress on the Gigabyte M575SLI  and things seem to be looking very nice. I
have 2 questions: how easy is it to build the LinuxBIOS and flash it without
bricking it? (I've been looking at the sideproject here about using the extra
bios socket, but my soldering skills are not very good and I don't have much
in the way of decent soldering tools) and also, how easy is it to set what
would be normal BIOS settings like voltage, cpu multipliers, etc... (For say
overclocking a system) I've heard about a Google SoC project to get some sort
of CMOS setup like interface after it is booted, but it seems you have to
hard code these values in to the option file before you build the BIOS. Am I
correct? And if so, what are all the options you can set?

Many thanks

Kevin