[LinuxBIOS] Alix boards

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Aug 6 18:32:29 CEST 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 04:47:39PM +0100, Luis Correia wrote:
> > The CPU and southbridge are supported.  I don't think anybody has
> > been working on the mainboard, though.  Looking at the chips on
> > the board, it looks like it might be similar to the db800
> > mainboard, but there are probably some differences.
> >
> > If you can get the schematics, then it should be fairly simple to
> > get LinuxBIOS working on this board (probably just a few changes
> > to the mainboard code).
>
> Yes, I've got some information about the board, but not the board
> itself.

Is it possible to order them?

> The PCEngines engineer

AFAIK it's a one man show. Pascal subcontracts manufacturing of
course, but I think it's just him in the company.

> told me that 'someone on the US is already working on LinuxBIOS for
> it'.

LB is a good fit.

PC Engines also offers tinyBIOS, a somewhat commercial/somewhat open
source BIOS for embedded systems, much like Soekris offers comBIOS.
I spoke with Søren (the founder) at LinuxForum in Copenhagen in March
and I did not get the impression that he was particularly interested
in selling boards with LB. I guess there's a market for comBIOS.

> Answering also to Peter Stuge, yes, LPC flash add-on is possible
> and will be the best way to test and develop LinuxBIOS for this
> particular board :)

Aye.

//Peter