[LinuxBIOS] where are we on the MSI K9N Neo-F?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Aug 13 02:46:53 CEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 07:25:17PM -0500, David H. Barr wrote:
> > > Where are we with that board?
> >
> > I don't think anyone got around to it.
>
> I never got around to it; stalled at flashrom support.

Didn't flashrom work at least with the flash chip on the Gigabyte
board? (I remember there were problems with BIOS savior, but seem
to recall that flashing the chip alone worked OK.)

PLCC in socket? Which flash part?

Is the problem the flash chip or the southbridge?

> I still have two of the boards sitting here, waiting for me to do
> my worst.

If you have another LPC board you could use that as a flasher with
pushpinflash or a BIOS savior. (1Mbyte RD1-LPC8 is easy to get.)

> AFIAK the only one in this "ultra-low-end" class that never got
> tried was the BIOSTAR Tforce 550

The K9N NEO-F is even nicer on the budget over here. Wow.
2GHz dual core X2 + mobo + 2x512MB RAM = 140EUR! (ex 25% VAT)

//Peter