[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom -- Current Status

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Aug 14 15:59:46 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 08:49:22PM +0700, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> > Please look into:
> >
> > http://www.hollistech.com/Resources/Misc%20articles/getbusdata.htm
> > http://www.freelists.org/archives/wdmaudiodev/03-2004/msg00010.html
> >
> > for Windows 2000 and newer.
> >

> > I do think we should try to support NT 4 as well, and there the
> > Hal API is good, so please don't throw the code away yet.
>
> No, I'm not. I put the code into my own local repository for future
> experimentation.

Excellent! :) Though not a high priority I think the typical NT 4
server should be treated to some LB fun as well. :)

> Anyway, I've read both of the articles you mentioned. I will try
> looking into the issue much further tonight. I may missed something
> ;-).
>
> The problem is HalSetBusDataByOffset is not working as documented
> in MSDN :-(.

Both those pages show pretty complete examples of how the PnP Manager
is used to do PCI config reads and writes, exactly because the HAL is
deprecated. Please check out the code there, it looks like it could
solve your problem.

//Peter