[LinuxBIOS] ICH4 BIOS chip not recognised.

Raúl Sánchez Siles rasasi78 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 21:09:21 CEST 2007

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> On 05.08.2007 21:45, Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:
>>   I'm sorry but I've been unable to get that info from the Dell flash
>> utility. When loaded it's no chance to get any info like that. The only
>> option I'm given is to reflash the BIOS again.
>>
>>   I would be glad to test any other tool/method you propose to get the
>>   info.
>
> It seems that Dell has a BIOS update tool for Linux. Documentation is at
> http://linux.dell.com/libsmbios/main/dellBiosUpdate.html
>
> Maybe that can be used to find the necessary info.

I had check out that as well, but the only valuable thing that could be done
with that is BIOS flashing. Reading is not possible AFAIK.

> Besides that, it would be nice if someone could add generic Dell support
> to flashrom.

I sign this, but without specs it will be very difficult. Contact me if you
need me to do some testing. Undangerous experiments will have preference :P

Thanks for the answer.