[LinuxBIOS] One very important device to support

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Aug 18 04:49:49 CEST 2007

On 18.08.2007 01:43, Marek Artur Penther wrote:
> I think there, about support for every clock chip (like l9248). I think this
> will help to overclock and/or underclock and/or for (most important) properly
> set speed of CPU and FSB and PCI and AGP. If you have any trouble in find
> datasheets about clock chips I know few web sites where anyone can download
> datasheets for free.

Do you offer to write some code? Back in 2005, we had some code to
over-/underclock hypertransport links. That code has been dropped, though.

Even if some new code for overclocking will be written, there is still
the question whether we want such code in LinuxBIOS. Usually people
blame the stuff which gives them the ability to shoot themselves in the
foot. I don't want people blaming LinuxBIOS because it allowed them to
overclock their machines until the hardware failed.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel