[LinuxBIOS] Problems with Intel vga working

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Aug 21 14:31:24 CEST 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 09:07:58PM -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 02:27:55AM -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:
> >> Is there anyway to debug this to find out what is happening?
> >
> > Is there any indication of what the problem is in the boot messages?
>
> No, I have the debugging level on 9 and it boots just fine, no
> errors but only on console.

Could you send the full messages to the list?

> > Have you tried using both vm86 and x86emu?
>
> I have not used vm86 or x86emu, I am using a live system, does that
> make a diference?

The VGA BIOS is always executed by LB using either x86emu or vm86,
never directly on hardware. Which one works best differs from one
VGA BIOS to another, so it's always a good idea to try both.
I'm not sure exactly how you switch. You may have to copy a bit of
code around.

//Peter