[LinuxBIOS] Latest on via epia-m for LinuxBIOS v2?

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:25:18 CEST 2007

Matthew Bloch wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to build a LinuxBIOS setup to turn an Epia-M board into a
> NAS server and am stuck on the configuration.
>
> FILO is built and tested (with grub).
>
> I've now checked out LinuxBIOSv2, and am trying to use this configuration:
>
> mnas:~/LinuxBIOSv2/targets/via/epia-m/epia-m# cat ../Config.lb
> target epia-m
>
> mainboard via/epia-m
>
> option  MAXIMUM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=8
> option  DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=8
> option  CONFIG_CONSOLE_SERIAL8250=1
>
> option ROM_SIZE=256*1024
> option HAVE_OPTION_TABLE=1
> option CONFIG_ROM_PAYLOAD=1
> option HAVE_FALLBACK_BOOT=0
>
> option _RAMBASE=0x00004000
>
> romimage "normal"
>         option USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE=0
>         option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=0x30000
>         option LINUXBIOS_EXTRA_VERSION=".0-Normal"
>         option PAYLOAD_SIZE=0xc000
>         payload /root/filo-0.5/filo.elf
> end
>
> buildrom ./linuxbios.rom ROM_SIZE "normal"

First off, can't do this. You must have a fallback image, normal is
optional.

> However trying to build it gives me:
>
> ./romcc -mcpu=c3 ... (snip lots of -Is and -Ds)
> /root/LinuxBIOSv2/src/mainboard/via/epia-m/auto.c -o auto.inc
> earlymtrr.c:23.0:
>  "XIP_ROM_BASE is not a multiple of XIP_ROM_SIZE"

This is exactly as it says. In src/mainboard/via/epia-m/Config.lb, there
should be an XIP_ROM_SIZE and XIP_ROM_BASE, the base must be a multiple
of the size. I had a bit of trouble working around this myself at one
point, I think I determined that I just couldn't have a VGA rom and only
the fallback boot, having both seemed to straighten things out.

-Corey