[LinuxBIOS] patch: extending LAR, and removing elf from linuxbios (it is not needed)

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Aug 28 17:41:34 CEST 2007

On 28/08/07 17:34 +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 04:59:58PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > Can we change the MAGIC to some less likely string, perhaps even with
> > version info? A lot of filesystems have mixed-case magic strings, for
> > example ReiserFS has "ReIsErFs" or "ReIsEr2Fs" or "ReIsEr3Fs". Nobody is
> > going to include such a string by accident in his code.
>
> Yes, good idea IMO.
>
> Maybe 'LAR Magic 0.01' or something similar?

I like it.  We should probably compress it down some, and turn the number
into hex for maximum versioning, something like

LaRisCOol001  to LaRisCOolFFF

As long as we can match on the first section for identification and the
second section for version, we'll be golden.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer