[LinuxBIOS] Infamous __stack_chk_fail problem.

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 22:19:05 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 21:53 +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> We already have all this: That's why I developed the LinuxBIOS test
> system that started producing binary images at a central point:
>
> http://qa.linuxbios.org/log_test.php?timestamp=20061109-173426&device=epia-m&vendor=via&manual=true

Did I miss something? Is this something that others can use? btw: the
URL didn't point to anything other than a test report.

> If someone feels the need for a cross development environment -- there's
> crosstool. You can easily build RPMs for all kinds of cross compiler
> versions for all kinds of platforms.
>
> It is an interesting project, and we recommend everyone using LinuxBIOS
> in a commercial environment to use it. But that belongs into the
> corporate software development process, and not into linuxbios.

I agree, I've used crosstool before on different embedded projects. I
suppose my suggestion to integrate crosstool into buildrom doesn't fly.
I'll accept that. Give me some time to get a feel for what is LinuxBIOS
responsibility and what isn't.

> Just change your target config.lb to your known good tool chain and
> you're fine.

I did some digging in the Config.lb files and couldn't find an example.
Do you have one? Is there any doc on how to control things like CC,
CFLAGS and the like? I didn't realize things could be shunted this way.

Steve