[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS 'flashrom' on Geode LX + CS5536

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Thu Dec 13 00:01:14 CET 2007

On 12/13/07, Marc Jones <marc.jones at amd.com> wrote:

> ron minnich wrote:

> > I don't get this one either. What does the IDE/FLASH switch have to do
> > with BIOS?
> >

> If the system uses flash storage instead of IDE it could also use flash
> for the BIOS. The above comments are correct about doing the switch but
> why boot from flash and switch to IDE? If it is an IDE based storage
> system put the BIOS on LPC like normal.
>
> A way to work around the image source problem is to use a USB drive.

I think that one misunderstood piece of info is what the different
combinations of boot devices are possible on the LX, how this affects
where the BIOS chip can end up in the food chain and how the bootstrap
settings can affect this. Perhaps a recap would be in order for
everyone's benefit?

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi