[LinuxBIOS] patch for making system run past disable_car

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 13 02:43:46 CET 2007

On 13.12.2007 02:29, Marc Jones wrote:

> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>>
>> You mean, the stack is "moved"? Or why do we need to adjust the
>> pointers? Won't that leave pointers to variables on stack dangling?
>>

> I meant that ss, esp, ebp are adjusted to point at the new stack. The
> contents of the stack don't change.

Uhhhh. That will break v3 badly unless we change the code flow in major
ways, similar to what Ron has done to work around the issue he is seeing.

Is there any chance to have K8 CAR at a location besides C0000? Or,
asked another way, is the C0000 a "hard" spec or just a recommendation?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel