[LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Re: Patch file for Fedora 8 compile problems]

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:22:17 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 8:18 AM, Marc Karasek <Marc.Karasek at sun.com> wrote:
> Was this option just keeping the Config.lb changes and using an
> Environment Variable?

no.

> If so were does the environment variable  get set?  Is it up to the
> programmer or is it part of the build?

it would be part of the buildtarget step, which is not up to the
programmer and is not part of the actual build. buildtarget is a sort
of meta-build, wherein the build environment gets set up. This is the
right place to capture distro issues. I don't know why it did not hit
me sooner.

thanks

ron