[LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Re: Patch file for Fedora 8 compile problems]

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Tue Dec 18 06:27:44 CET 2007

Quoting ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>:

> On Dec 17, 2007 8:19 PM,  <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:
>
>> I agree with you Ron. I makes alot of sense just to make this a
>> makefile option. No need to make things more complicated than they
>> need to be. But, I don't really know why we would need to add a
>> seperate build option file that the makfile calls just for one
>> function (assuming it would only be one function), unless your idea is
>> to designate the makefilo.distro file for future distro specific issues?
>
> You are not really 'calling' the makefile, you are including a file of
> definitions such as
> BUILD_ID="blah blah"
>
> This file is created by buildtarget.
> By using an include file, you avoid having to actually change the
> makefile. This is pretty flexible.
>
> It's not one function, it's one variable define.
>
> But, yes, this does nicely set us up for handling other future distro
> and gnu toolchain issues.
>
> Thanks
>
> ron

Oh, ok that makes more sense, so it is more like a header file. The
next question would be then how to make this automatic or would you
have compile buildtarget with the makefile option (BUILD_ID="blah
blah") before you started using LB? Sorry if this question has already
been answered....

Thanks - Joe