[LinuxBIOS] problem about dram init

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:42:33 CET 2007

aaron lwe wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 04:49:32PM +0800, aaron lwe wrote:
> >/ I've configured the via cn700 dram controller
> /..
> >/ Unexpected Exception: 6 @ 10:1bfee821 - Halting
> /..
> >/ can I say ram is initialized right?
> /
> //No. ram_check() is a useless metric.
> //Until you can successfully run memtest86 as a payload and it reports
> //zero errors, RAM has not yet been configured correctly.
>
> OK, I get it. Thanks.
> Memtest86 reports errors at memory address
> 1MB, 5MB, 9MB, 13MB, 17MB, ... not sure what's wrong.

Weird, I've never seen that problem. Do you have any other dram modules
you can try? Can you send me the specs (or a link to the datasheet would
be best) on the module you're currently using? I have some comments I
need to put in about some important bits, but haven't had the time or
ambition lately to do it. Eventually those bits should be set up
automatically, but I'm running up against ROMCC's limitations.

-Corey