[LinuxBIOS] [BUILDROM] Add support for the Cheetah FAM10 target to buildrom

Marc Jones Marc.Jones at AMD.com
Thu Dec 20 22:26:17 CET 2007

Myles Watson wrote:

>>> It works for me, but since you used the generic.mk instead of a specific
>>> one, it didn't catch that I didn't have iasl installed.
>>>
>>> That said, it seems like it would be nicer to have a FAMILY_10 option and
>>> just take care of the three variables that change in Serengeti_cheetah.conf.
>>> That way you get 64-bit support and the iasl check for free.
>>>
>>> If you still want to keep it separate, I'd like the name to be
>>> Serengeti_cheetah_fam_10.conf instead of cheetah_fam_10.conf, so it's easy
>>> to see what it is.
>>>
>>> Myles
>>>

>> Myles,
>>
>> I agree using the same serengeti_cheetah.conf is better so here is my
>> attempt......
>>
>> Marc
>>

> It works for me with the attached patch, which patches the fam10
> Config.lb instead of the serengeti_cheetah/Config.lb for changing the
> payload.
>
> If you add this, or something that is cleaner I'll test and ack it.
>
> Myles

Ah! missed the LAB stuff, sorry.  I will make those changes.
Is the serengeti_cheetah_fam10-payload.patch really needed? It cleans up
the config.lb a little but I don't see a functional difference.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer