[LinuxBIOS] is this motherboard supported? VIA EPIA-SP13000

Pablo Sosa psosa_ar at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 11 11:08:52 CET 2007

Hi there,

   Hope this is the right forum to ask. I was checking the list of supported motherboards in order to try linuxbios, I could find I can buy one of this motherboards which are similar but not the same to VIA that are mentioned on the page, i.e.

                     VIA EPIA-SP13000 Motherboard, Socket 370Specs according to the vendor are:

Specifications:

 - Processor: VIA C3™/ VIA Eden™ EBGA processor
 - Chipset: VIA CN400 North Bridge; VIA VT8237 South Bridge
 - System Memory: 1x DDR266/333/400 DIMM socket supports up to 1GB memory size
 - VGA: Integrated VIA UniChrome™Pro AGP graphics with MPEG-2 decoder /MPEG-4 Accelerator
 - Expansion Slots: 1 PCI
 - Onboard IDE: 2x UltraDMA 133/100 Connector
 - Onboard Serial ATA: 2 SATA Connectors
 - Onboard LAN: VIA VT6103 10/100 Base-T Ethernet PHY
 - Onboard Audio: VIA VT1617A 6channel AC' 97 codec
 - Onboard TV Out: VIA VT1623 TV Encoder
 - Onboard 1394: VIA VT6307S IEEE 1394 Firewire

  On the link that's on the supported motherboards page appears, http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=202, and the specs from the manufacturer are:
VIA EPIA MII.
Chipset
              • VIA CLE266 North Bridge
• VIA VT8235M South Bridge

The North/South bridges in the manufacturer page, are different to the ones in the list of compatible motherboards. specs on the motherboard page are:
 VIA
 EPIA-MII
 VIA VT8623
 VIA VT8235, Ricoh RL5C476
 VIA VT1211
 VIA C3™, VIA EDEN™
 Socket 370
 OK
  So I'm a bit confused and wouldn't like to buy something that's unable to support linuxbios, I'll appreciate if someone can help me, or give me some advice

Cheers,
Pablo Sosa