[LinuxBIOS] r2550 - trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Feb 11 16:19:37 CET 2007

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 02:46:47AM +0100, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> Well it would be really weird to sign-off on a patch that
> you don't agree with, so acked-by is quite redundant if you
> already signed off on a patch.

I posted an example a few days ago. I see a patch on the list,
take it, modify it to improve _some_ parts of it, but it's still
not "finished" and I'm still don't agree that it should be committed.
But at least it's a bit better now.

In such a case I'd say I should sign-off (as I modified the patch), but
I don't want to Ack it.

Uwe.