[LinuxBIOS] Question about PCI Config Space byte rd/wr in HT

Perry Wang peilien at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 22:04:23 CET 2007

Thanks for the clarification.

The reason I had some doubts is that there are devices out there that don't
support byte access in config space (at least one HT IP vendor doesn't seem
to support it) and I've been wondering how people have been able to go get
away with this.

I just read the PCI spec and it says that the address during config cycles
is dword address, but I also saw some byte enable signals so it looks like
it's definitely possible to issue byte access to config space in the PCI
world.

Regards,
Perry