[LinuxBIOS] Intel 440bx

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Feb 28 20:17:32 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:51:35AM -0500, Corey Osgood wrote:
> > I'll post a full patch which should work out of the box (the
> > infrastructure for building the target at least).
>
> Okay, thanks. I'm not sure if my target's set up right or not, but it
> seems to be working for now. Even if mine is correct, yours will
> probably be cleaner by far ;)

Nah, probably not ;) I just adapted the bitworks/ims target a bit.

> I've already gotten the DRB registers set up for my configuration, along
> with changing a half a dozen registers or so to fit my lspci -xxx and
> the 440zx docs (for instance, your NBXCFG sets ECC, which the 440zx
> doesn't support). It hasn't made any huge difference though. There was
> one register that I meant to point out to you as having an odd value,
> but I can't remember now which one it was.

Please let me know if you remember, it might help a lot :)

> I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but with your raminit.c,
> your do_ram_command seems to be doubling the value it should be setting.
> I added this to the end of it:

Hm, I'm not sure I understand. I'll have to take a closer look at the
datasheet and code. I'll report back as soon as I know more.

Can you post your own code, too, please?

> /* 3. Apply NOP. */
> RAM_DEBUG_MESSAGE("Ram Enable 3: Apply NOP\r\n");
> int s;
> for( s = 0; s != 0110; s = pci_read_config16( ctrl->d0, SDRAMC )  ) {

You probably mean 0x0110 here? (hex vs. decimal!)

> Finally, is there any reason not to use a for loop during CBR? I've
> noticed that noone seems to, but it would make the code so much cleaner.

I can't think of a reason why a for loop shouldn't work...

Uwe.