[LinuxBIOS] epia, rom_cc and locking code

Ben Hewson ben at hewson-venieri.com
Sun Jan 14 17:14:24 CET 2007

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Ben Hewson <ben at hewson-venieri.com> [070113 19:38]:
>
>> Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>> Yes rom_cc is fine, but I have a problem where changes to the code base
>> seem to have caused ide problems with Filo(it cant see the ide drive).
>>

> - what IDE drive?
> - what FILO? (svn rev?)
> - Did you change the filo config?
> - Do you have a log file?

there are some posts on the mailing list I made, but basically my older
version of linuxbios using filo boots, but a later version after the
rom_cc patch doesn't boot any more.

exactly the same hardware and filo image (v 0.5 ).

I get the following error from filo using the later version.

    Detected floating bus
    No drive detected on IDE channel 0

The older version I have works just fine though.

Have attached the log files from both working and non working versions.
If you compare the two you will see that the pci enumeration/allocation
of resources if different, although it only appears to be so with
respect to the ide controller.

I have been comparing both sets of files to find any differences. The
biggest change I can see is the change to the
pci read/write functions, where the 'where' parameter changed from 8 to
16 bits but I dont think that is the problem.

Ben