[LinuxBIOS] geode LX

Steve Spano steve at flconsult.com
Mon Jan 15 04:05:30 CET 2007

Hi Ron

Thanks for the fast reply!

Our board design is for a custom product we are developing

We will put

1) LX-800 (500Mhz part)
2) CS5536 Companion
3) RealTEK Ethernet (from the reference design)
4) We will use the USB Host port
5) We will take an RS232 port (or use the Parallel Port perhaps) to a
secondary Microprocessor to implement some LCD, keypad, and other I/O
functions

We don't need the Video Support for our product release, we may 'borrow' it
for development though.

Ideally, we could stream all debug/startup/etc to the RS232 port and use
other I/O functions to talk to our custom hardware - but we can deal with
that later.

In the future, we may use the true video output though.

What's the process for doing that?

I would like to model our LX design after the most straight forward way to
implement the opensource bios.

Regarding storage, we will put a NAND flash on the output of the CS5536 to
store the linux image, full fillsystem, bios, etc

Thanks!

Steve Spano
FLE