[LinuxBIOS] CoreDuo Support

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coresystems.de
Wed Jan 31 13:16:09 CET 2007

Hi Greg,

Martin, Greg A (Greg) wrote:
> Hi, I am new to the list. I am attempting to port LinuxBios to a CoreDuo Processor
> coupled with an Intel 3100 system controller. I seem to be having some problem with
> the memory and cache coherency, but as I am relatively new to x86 (ppc is my background)
> I am unsure if I am getting the cpu initialized properly. I started with one on the e7520
> based systems and seem to have the memory functioning, but memory tests fail with what
> looks like cache line pushouts of erroneous data. Does this make sense to anybody?

The biggest difference between the 7520 and the 3100 is that the 3100
uses DDR2 memory. This requires a more complex initialization sequence.

I suggest the following information:
ftp://download.intel.com/design/intarch/datashts/31345802.pdf
ftp://download.intel.com/design/intarch/specupdt/31345901.pdf

Especially chapters 10.1.2.2 and 12 might be interesting.

Given the difference to the e75xx is not too fundamental, you might be
lucky with this information, but chances are good that you need the Core
 Duo BIOS Writer's Guide, which Intel is giving out under an NDA.

Best regards,

Stefan