[LinuxBIOS] Flashrom move into global util/ directory

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Jul 5 06:47:27 CEST 2007

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [070704 01:28]:
> Get v2:
> svn co svn://linuxbios.org/repos/trunk/LinuxBIOSv2
>
> Get only flashrom:
> svn co svn://linuxbios.org/repos/trunk/util/flashrom

What was wrong with:

svn co svn://linuxbios.org/repos/trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom

??

> Get everything (v2, v1, utilities, even v3 later):
> svn co svn://linuxbios.org/repos/trunk

Nobody will ever do that. You need utilities with every version, but not
all versions together.

> Having _different_ repositories will remove lots of advantages:
>
>  - Common code browser (in trac) for all our code.

That could be fixed in trac

>  - Common bug tracking system for all code.

Is that a bug in trac?

>  - You cannot easily do, say, 'svn log' or 'svn diff -r500:600' over all
>    the code, you have to mess with _two_ repos...
>
> The list goes on.

What are the advantages of the move to a different directory though?

> Think symlinks. If you do 'cd util/flashrom' in v2 and
> change+commit things there, it'll be committed in flashrom (which is an
> svn:externals), not in v2.

This is very implicit magic, I hope it wont bite us.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613