[LinuxBIOS] which motherboard would be the better choice

Mike Dilworth mjd at e-nspect.com
Fri Jun 1 14:19:24 CEST 2007

hi all

I am soon to buy a new motherboard and I have narrowed my choice down to 2.  I am very interested in the LinuxBios project and am eager to "have a go".  My question is whihc of these two motherbords would be better to use for LinuxBios:

MS-7327 K9AGM2-FIH  http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1165

or the

Abit AN-M2HD http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=AN-M2HD&fMTYPE=Socket+AM2

as you can tell I need the HDMI feature.

Other information:

On both I will use the AMD Athlon X2 3800+ AM2 CPU

MS-7327

uses AMI BIOS
AMD 690G Northbridge and SB600 Southbridge
integrated ATi Radeon X1250 videocard
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
ATI System Drivers for RS480/RS482/RC410/SB600
AMD HDMI Audio Drivers
Realtek 10/100 LAN Drivers
ATI SB600 IDE RAID Driver
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet Drivers
from the photos it looks like this uses ??? its nt clear DIP BIOS???

Abit AN-M2HD
NVIDIA® GeForce®7050PV/nForce 630a
from the pictures i think this uses a PLCC: Plastic Leaded Chip Carrier

 this is about all i have to go on. Any pointers would be great.

tia

mike