[LinuxBIOS] which motherboard would be the better choice

Mike Dilworth mjd at e-nspect.com
Mon Jun 4 08:36:16 CEST 2007

hi Uwe

thanks for the reply.  I suspected that perhaps i would not be taking the most well trodden path.  I suppose HDMI will need some form of special init but as yet I havent looked into it in any great detail.

I want to build my own media center which is why I want the HDMI feature and there aint a lot of choice. I also want my media box to behave more like an appliance (to keep the wife happy ;-) )  which is how i came to stumble on the LinuxBios project and it looks pretty cool.

Amongst other things I am a c/c++ programmer and I would be very interested in dabble in Linux Bios however I have almost no free time these days.  In your opinion how much work is needed. Consider I know pretty much zero about LinuxBios but rate highly as a c programmer, I am also a fast learner, and that I could perhaps give the effort about 10-15hrs a week. How many weeks do you think its going to take?

mike