[LinuxBIOS] r2711 - trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom

Mondrian Nuessle nuessle at uni-mannheim.de
Tue Jun 5 14:53:50 CEST 2007

> Ok, then this should probably go into a x3455 board specific code
> instead. I saw Yinghai made a lot of io to those ports in the ht1000
> specific code, so I assumed thats southbridge specific code.
these regs are also used for other things; but these two accesses are GPIOs.

> The weird thing is that I could overwrite some parts of the flash
> without that code (0x70000 to 0x80000), so it's probably not the flash
> write line.
The flash has two signals regarding write protection, WP# und TBL#,
write protect  und top boot lock, one protecting the lower parts of the
device, the other protecting the high part; so maybe only part of the
flash is protected here...

> Or, it might be the FPGA on board catches the area from 0x70000 to
> 0x80000 and decides whether to switch or not. I have no information on
> that, unfortunately, and I doubt I will be able to get it in a timely
> manner.
ok that is the other possibility

> I will prepare something to make this board dependent. Thank you very
> much for the feedback.
we'll then also start posting patches for the board we are working on

Regards,
Mondrian
--
 Mondrian Nuessle                 University of Mannheim
 Phone: +49 621 181 2717          Computer Architecture Group
 mailto:nuessle at uni-mannheim.de