[LinuxBIOS] r345 - LinuxBIOSv3/southbridge/amd/cs5536

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Tue Jun 5 22:48:21 CEST 2007

ron minnich wrote:
> Peter, will do another patch with your comments taken into account.

I didn't understand the comment unless it was in regard to the gpio
setup function.

+ * @brief Set the various GPIOs. An unknown question at this point is
+ * how general this is to all mainboards.
+ */
+static void cs5536_setup_gpio(void)
+{

I think that the name should be changes to cs5536_setup_smbus_gpio(). It
would be difficult to move this to early mainboard (car_auto) because
the IObase needs to be setup first and then SMBus setup would be
optional etc. I think that any platform that uses the SMBus GPIOs for
something other than SMBus will need a lot of customization anyway and
they would have to override the generic file. I understand the desire to
make everything generic but that really over complicates 99% of the
designs.

Other GPIO/AUX setup should be done in mainboard since it can typically
be done after memory init.

> There are bugs anyway.

Can you be specific? Is there something I can fix?
Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Software Engineer