[LinuxBIOS] r349 - LinuxBIOSv3/include

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Jun 7 20:10:07 CEST 2007

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [070607 19:45]:
> I will try to sum it up but ... there is no way to unify it, short
> form. I contains very chip-dependent stuff, ranging from the simple
> array of longs up to a very complex multi-channel, mult-i devfn,
> multi-address, etc. etc. mess.

Saving devfns in the mem ctrl struct is one of the stupid things in v2.

The mem init code could easily know that the 1st ram controller is
0:18.x, the second one 0:19.x etc.

And that was a complex platform.

We dont win any flexibility by letting the board supporter write that in
auto.c. it just looks like something you should know, but in fact you
should not need to.

All it should ever be is:
* number of controller
* channel on controller
* spd position and mux config on i2c bus.

What else?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613