[LinuxBIOS] MC struct

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jun 7 22:28:00 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 08:25:24PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Quite possible. I'm not sure how things are right now, just what I
> think I'd like:
>
> A device tree (not list) in code that
> * is seeded by the mainboard dts, which lists all devices

  All _static_ devices, correct?

> * has device options set from defaults in device dts
> * has device option overrides from mainboard dts
> * has device option overrides from Kconfig
> * can be translated to (if it isn't already) a device tree for
>   consumption by the kernel

  * Can automatically translated into a kconfig-style menu structure
    and data structure for consumption by lbmenu, the yet to be
    written tool for run-time configuration of LinuxBIOS.

Full ack. This is just about how I'd like it to work in the end.
Now, _how_ we achieve this is yet to be determined, though ;)

Uwe.