[LinuxBIOS] Advantech SOM-4455F

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Jun 8 01:52:25 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 02:41:02AM +0600, Richard Neill Dabney wrote:
> That's would seem to be the case. Is the emulator so limited that
> it can't run a generic 1995-vintage BIOS?

Dunno. Can we get some more info on the particular opcode?

> >> copying VGA ROM Image from 0xfd020000 to 0xc0000, 0x8000 bytes
> >> entering emulator
> >> 0000:60b6: 20 ILLEGAL EXTENDED X86 OPCODE!

Is 0x20 the opcode at 0x60b6? That would be RETN which I think should
work? The ops2.c file seems to indicate these are 2byte-opcodes?

Strange.

Are you sure the image is correct? Can you try unpacking a factory
BIOS with some of the unpacker tools that have been mentioned on the
list?

//Peter