[LinuxBIOS] Strange reset loading linux on epia! was "EPIA hang after patch"

Ben Hewson ben at hewson-venieri.com
Wed Jun 13 14:15:03 CEST 2007

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:56:46PM +0200, Thomas Ekstrand wrote:
>
>> I got passed it! seemed to be a buggy flash and/or burn. The vt8231 is
>> working with flashrom, except for the verify :/
>> Anyway I rebuilt and reflashed it and now it almost works.
>> I get an immediate reset during linux startup I have no Idea what
>> might cause it. I've attached the serial output
>>

> This looks like the culprit:
>
> 0000:00:11.4: base address not set -                             upgrade BIOS or use force_addr=0xaddr
>
> What is 00:11.4?

11.4 is acpi so unless my testing patch posted here last week was
applied, there should be no acpi tables for the kernel.  At the start it
says acpi interpreter is disabled.

 From the linux log it looks like the reset happen while doing agp
stuff, which wont be initialised

shpchp: Standard Hot Plug PCI Controller Driver version: 0.4
Linux agpgart interface v0.101 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Detected VIA Apollo ProMedia/PLE133Ta chipset

LinuxBIOS-2.0.0.0Fallback Tue Jun 12 18:21:53 CEST 2007 starting...

Ben