[LinuxBIOS] RFC Winflashrom Architecture -- MinGW trouble :(

Darmawan Salihun darmawan.salihun at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:16:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

    I've been trying to build the code using MinGW. But, apparently the
GCC (and it's related tools I'm using)
is unstable. And it's really annoying because I can't develop anything
successfully. Out of 10 build, only 4 or  5 will
proceed and even then it will stuck at some points. I've tried building
sample application but the end result is still
the same. I'm using the latest MinGW and MSys from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=82721

I've reinstalled MSys and MinGW about three times and it still stuck at
the same problem, i.e. failure in the build
process. The gcc (sometime as.exe) stuck in compiling one file where in
another occasion, it compiles perfectly
fine. I'm sure the code is just fine because it can compile in my
Slackware linux 10.0 just fine.

Is anyone here can give advice on a stable MinGW and/or MSys to use?

TIA,
Darmawan