[LinuxBIOS] patch: add arch-dependent lib

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jun 26 01:28:25 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 04:16:04PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> Right, I did this arch/lib.h thing in response to a request; people
> did not like arch/x86/lib.h in includes. I personally like it, as
> it reduces "magic".

We shouldn't need "magic" - just some simple logic.

Ie. 1:1 rules for what files go together - clear relationships
between include/ and all that used to be in src/.

> I would rather NOT have the arch directory, and i would rather NOT
> have duplicate names like lib.h.

include/lib.h currently has:

log2, {u,m,}delay, beep_{short,long}, smbus_read_byte, ram_failure
and ram_initialize.

Shouldn't they just go into separate .h files? Or shouldn't all of
the other files go into lib.h? I'm sorry if I've forgotten what we
thought about all of this.

> So, quick, somebody, make a suggestion. Where do we put
> cpu-dependent library functions? cpu.h?

Sounds good. In fact, include/arch/x86/cpu.h already has some (all?)
of the code in the lx patch.

//Peter