[LinuxBIOS] mcp55 flashrom problem

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Mar 3 19:09:15 CET 2007

* Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org> [070302 22:47]:
> OK, I've used flashrom/biossavior on a Tyan box to get the *actual* contents
> of the chip (I hope!).
>
> I didn't notice that change in 0000fd94 in the previous diffs, so it's
> basically the same phenomenon as with flashrom on the gigabyte machine itself
> - 3 bytes change between boots.

Between _every_ boot? How do the bytes change every time in 5 boots? Are
bytes just increasing?

> So.... are flashrom and Q-flash doing the right thing (disabling shadowing),
> and if so, what's causing those 3 bytes to be different each time?

Yes, shadow handling seems to work fine. The BIOS has _some_ reason to
change it's config (which is far bigger than the 256 bytes of nvram
nowadays, --> ESCD/DMI)

Have you changed the configuration of the machine? (Enable/Disable
Floppy, ...?)

Can you please observe the changes over several consequtive reboots (5
or so)

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613