[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on a HP ePC C10 ?

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Fri Mar 9 07:15:21 CET 2007

Quoting joe at smittys.pointclark.net:

> Quoting Corey Osgood <corey_osgood at verizon.net>:

>>> Depends on where the limitation comes from. If the proprietary BIOS
>>> simply doesn't support more RAM, then maybe.
>>>
>>> If your northbridge/chipset doesn't support more RAM (didn't check),
>>> then you're out of luck -- no BIOS will help you in that case.
>> On the i815 chipset, the limit for ram is 512MB. I can only assume
>> this to be the same for the i810, since the i815 is extremely
>> similar. You should probably grab the i810's docs off intel.com,
>> they should say in the first few pages if there's as limit and what
>> it is.
>>
>> -Corey
>>
> Correct me if I am wrong, i810 supports 512MB PC100 with a FSB of 100Mhz,
> i810E supports 512MB PC133 with a FSB of 100Mhz, and i815 supports
> 512MB PC133 with a FSB of 133Mhz, and then we have my baby the 830M
> which is a mobile cross breede betwwen a i815 and i845 chipset and it
> supports 1024MB PC133 with a FSB of 133Mhz.
>
> Thanks - Joe

Also, does it matter in LinuxBios how many DIMM slots you have?? I
know in normal bios's there is a max per channel. For example on an
i810 with two DIMM slots it would be able to support 256MB max per
channel or slot. If you only had one slot you could could only have
256MB. Is this determined by the bios or chipset?

Thanks - Joe