[LinuxBIOS] state of Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4

ST st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Mar 12 11:58:53 CET 2007

Hi

I bought an Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev 1.0) due to support in linuxbios. Since
i am having a hard time getting the original bios running i would be happy to
know if it is save to use the linuxbios for this board? I have pretty sound
knowledge of computers and hardware, but haven't tried linuxbios yet.

Since i don't have an modern flash programmer (and this version of the
gigabyte doesn't have a dual bios) i am afraid to "brick" this mainboard.

Since i can't use the gigabyte tools anymore once i have flashed linuxbios to
this board. Is there a way back.

Thanks
ST