[LinuxBIOS] Where to begin?

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue Mar 13 07:57:58 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:38:12PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > Python code, usb device - I like this.

You can also get the VHDL for the FPGA from opencores.org.

This is the first "open hardware" product I've come across.

> > It says it comes with an
> > 'LPC cable'; any idea what that looks like? Presumably some sort
> > of plcc adapter would still be required?
>
> It is a 10pin (or so) header on the mainboard, similar to an IDE
> connector, just a lot less pins.
>
> It would be interesting to try plug a plcc clip base or some such
> to it. no idea whether that is possible.

Sure, but it will need an adapter of course. (Just cables really.)

One thing to note is that the cables need to be very short (no longer
than some few centimeters says Artec) because of the signalling
speed.

//Peter