[LinuxBIOS] Intel SE440BX support

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Mon Mar 26 22:57:43 CEST 2007

Oscar Molin wrote:
> I have 2 Intel SE440BX and one Intel SE440bx-3 (it's some kind of
> subversion to sebx-2)
> These were very popular Intel OEM boards and were used by Dell, compaq,
> fujitsu and the like.
> If someone wants info on what chips they have etc I'm willing to be of
> assistance and help with testing code one them to make them work.
> Since they all have Intels soldered on flash chips you can't make too
> many mistakes but I have no problem losing one in the process as I don't
> need all of them.

440BX is still very much a WIP. You'd end up losing all of them ;) BTW,
Gateway also used those boards a lot, I've got a couple of them kicking
around here. I've written some code to try and support the SuperI/O on
that board, but I honestly can't remember where I put it right now, and
I never did get to testing it.

At one point, I was looking at a TSOP (the type of chip that board has)
programmer that sat on top of the flash chip and could program it
without removing the chip. Aside from getting one of those (which I
imagine are expensive), you'd have to somehow put a socket onto that
board, which will involved an extremely steady hand with a sodiering iron.