[LinuxBIOS] New with a GA-M57SLI-S4

Beth beth.null at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:52:59 CEST 2007

Yes I think that is the most aggressive one, and maybe a bit of
investigation on the second plcc socket will be funny.

Your HowTo is very helpful for me, and I had read it a few times, but
first of all I need to save my ass (jiji) finding the way of socketing
the bios, so my efforts will be in this direction, If I couldn't have
access to the desoldering station I will try it without "life-guard".

So as I am writting to ST, I will put a bit of time to the second socket.

Thanks and best regards.

On 3/27/07, Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:24:36PM +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> > On 27/03/07, Beth <beth.null at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > if someone can help me verifying the
> > > steps, parameters, and so on, I think that I will try the "Russian
> > > Roulette" with this board. In this case what information I must give
> > > to you (some charitable soul ;) )
> >
> > Yes, I'm also waiting to play the Russian game :-)
>
> I've put a howto online here:
>
>   http://linuxbios.org/M57SLI-S4_Build_Tutorial
>
> The idea of cutting off the chip seems like a really bad one. Desoldering
> with a heat gun, and putting a socket on, is possible - a friend did it for
> my board.
>
> The m57sli code in the v2 tree is not entirely complete yet, but that will
> hopefully change in a couple of days.
>
> Thanks,
> Ward.
>
> --
> Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
> Free Software Foundation - Senior System Administrator
>
> --

José Antonio Robles

beth.null at gmail.com

661 960 119